This competition offered under the name “Eco Escape Competition” (Competition) is operated and owned by We the Wild Pty Ltd (WtW). The Competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. WtW are solely responsible for the Competition. How to enter the Competition and the conditions of the prizes are covered in competition rules (Competition Rules). Entry into this Competition by a consumer (“Entrant” or “you”) is deemed acceptance of these Competition Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Competition Rules and any other reference to this Competition, these Competition Rules prevail.
The objective of this Competition is to generate revenue through consumer product sales.
- Entrants must buy a WtW product at a retailer store or our online store being www.wethewild.co. (Website). This excludes the mini products, unless purchased as a kit.
- Entrants must upload their plant photo and provide their receipt number or order confirmation through the Website.
- The Competition commences on the 1st of September and ends on the 30th of November. WtW will not be accepting late Entrants past the end date. Products purchased for the Competition must be purchased from Aug 31, 2022 at 12:00 AM to Nov 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM (the Entry Period).
- One entry per transaction. WtW has the right to request evidence of purchase and verify the Entrant and their photo content. WtW has the right to discard Entrants that have submitted an entry not in accordance with these Competition Rules.
- The Competition is only open to participants who are legal residents of Australia, and who are at least 18 years old and have the legal capacity to enter contracts at the time of entry.
- Employees of WtW, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to win any prizes.
- The Competition and these Competition Rules are governed by the laws of New South Wales (State) and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State and all courts of appeal therefrom.
- Entries will be accepted online starting on Sep 1, 2022 at 12:00 AM and ending Nov 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM (the Entry Period). All online entries must be received by Nov 30, 2022 11:59 PM. All times are (GMT+10:00) Sydney. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. WtW’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Competition.
- The Competition is entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on the Website. The entry must fulfil requirements, as specified on the Website, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of WtW. Entry to the Competition is conditional upon (but not limited to) the Entrant providing: a) submission of the Entrant’s plant photo taken by the Entrant of a plant owned by them and b) receipt or order confirmation number.
- You may enter the Competition daily but if you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of WtW.
Selection of Winner
- Employees of WtW will choose the holiday winner (Winner) of the Competition based on their opinions of the skill and the requirements of the entry. You agree that WtW may determine the winner in its absolute discretion and without having to provide reasons. The holiday winner will be announced between Dec 1, 2022, and Dec 3, 2022. If an Entrant wins a weekly prize, that Entrant cannot win a weekly prize again.
- By participating, you confirm WtW has your consent to contact you for the purpose of confirming you have won and to arrange for the prize delivery. Winners will be notified within five (5) days following the Winner selection, via email or phone to the email address or phone number they provided.
- WtW has no liability for a Winner's failure to receive notices due to Winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- If the selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternative Winner selected.
- The receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditional upon compliance with all laws of the State. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT WTW’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- The Daintree Eco Lodge is our selected accommodation for the Competition. The Competition is strictly limited to this accommodation and cannot be exchanged for another holiday destination.
- The accommodation prize is a package valued at $2,665.00 (AUD) and cannot be exchanged for cash. The holiday includes a flight voucher covered by WtW valued at $800.00 (AUD) from your nearest capital city. These include Sydney, Darwin, Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart, Perth, or Brisbane. Flight portions of the holiday are not available to the Winner if they reside in the same state of the prize destination.
- This holiday cannot be booked from the 19th December 2022 to 6th January 2023 which is stated on the Daintree Eco Lodge Website. Your chosen dates are subject to flight and accommodation availability. If the accommodation is not available for the duration of the period, a similar accommodation up to the value of $2665.00 (AUD) will be provided.
- A car voucher valued at $400.00 (AUD) will be covered by WtW. The Winner is liable for the management of the vouchers when WtW provides the same. WtW is not subject to any liability if the Winner misses their flight or needs to change the holiday or car dates.
- The prize is strictly personal and non-transferable – the Winner may not transfer, sell or assign the prize to any other person.
- You agree and acknowledge that you must comply with any terms and conditions or policy of Daintree Eco Lodge.
Personal Information and Privacy Protection
- WtW will collect personal information from Entrants and the Winner. Personal information for the Competition includes and is limited to name, email, and contact number. Entries may be entered into a database.
- By entering the Competition you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from WtW. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- WtW will not sell or pass on your details to third parties unless required to do so for marketing insights, service improvements, direct marketing communication, and marketing activities. WtW may share the name of the Winner on social media. Entrants are permitted to request their data to be removed from WtW databases. WtW will delete data upon request if no longer required for the Competition.
Copyright and Rights Granted
- By entering the Competition, Entrants irrevocably give WtW permission and an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable licence to use their images uploaded to the Website or otherwise provided to WtW.
- In consideration of awarding the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they grant to WtW an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, non-exclusive licence, right and permission to copyright content and material created by the Winner on the holiday.
- By entering this Competition, you understand that WtW, anyone acting on behalf of WtW, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns has the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use the Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Competition as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any liability or further compensation owed to you.
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties except for those expressly stated in these Competition Rules.
- Any information or advice provided on the Website, including any information or advice in relation to the Competition or anything else, is of general nature only. You acknowledge that:
- a) your participation in the Competition is solely at your own risk;
- b) you must rely entirely on your own enquiries and judgement in relation to the Competition and any other information or material contained on the Website; and
- c) we are not liable for any reckless or negligent act or omission by you.
- Our liability arising in connection with these Competition Rules is also limited as follows:
- a) we exclude all liability for consequential, special, indirect, non-economic or remote loss, including loss of opportunity or business;
- b) our total maximum total liability arising in connection with these Competition Rules is capped to the total value of the Competition prize as stated above;
- c) our liability is excluded to the extent that you contributed to the liability or are aware of anything for longer than six months but have not commenced a claim; and
- d) our liability is subject to your duty to mitigate your loss.
- All of the above clauses and subclauses are cumulative to one another.
- Clauses 28, 29, 30 and 31 will survive termination of these Competition Rules.
Release and Indemnity
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to release the Released Parties from all losses, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, action, proceeding, notice, litigation, investigation, judgement, liability or demand (Loss or Claims) made against WtW or the person concerned arising out of or in any way connected with any Relevant Matter. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver (except for those that cannot be excluded by law).
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from any Loss or Claims arising out of or in any way connected with any Relevant Matter.
- In this clause:
- a) Released Parties means us and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, consultants, associates, affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, and other third-party partners.
- b) Relevant Matter means anything in connection with:
- i) any damage to person, property, personal injury or death, or issue with the Competition;
- ii) cancellation of the Competition, howsoever caused;
iii) your breach of these Competition Rules or any applicable law;
- iv) any matter for which we have purported to disclaim liability for under these Competition Rules; and
- v) your use, misuse, or abuse of the Website.
- Clauses 33, 34, 35 will survive termination of these Competition Rules.
- This Competition is governed exclusively by the laws of New South Wales. As a condition of participating in this Competition, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New South Wales having jurisdiction.
- In any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable legal fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- You must not assign, sublicense or otherwise deal in any other way with any of your rights under these Competition Rules. We may assign our rights under these Competition Rules at our sole discretion.
- If a provision of these Competition Rules is invalid or unenforceable it is to be read down or severed to the extent necessary without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Any waiver of any term on these Competition Rules by us can only be done in express writing. Any failure on our part to enforce a term does not constitute a waiver and we reserve the right in relation to all breaches unless expressly stated otherwise.
- The contents of these Competition Rules constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any prior negotiations, representations, understandings or arrangements made between the parties regarding the subject matter of this agreement, whether orally or in writing.
- If any provision of these Competition Rules is void, unenforceable or illegal, it is to be read down so as to be valid and enforceable or, if it cannot be read down, the provision is or, where possible, the offending words are, to be severed from these Competition Rules without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions (or parts of those provisions) of these Competition Rules, unless this would materially change the intended effect of these Competition Rules.
- WtW reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition (in its sole discretion) should circumstances arise where a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, war, fire, flood, pandemic, epidemic or any other causes beyond its reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Competition. In such a case, WtW may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by WtW. WtW reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or Website or violates these Competition Rules.